24 June 2010

Korbee Jones

So I see Daniel Jones from Savage Garden has a new band after years of behind the scenes music work.

The band is called Korbee Jones.

It's hard to get a feel of the sound (is that a contradiction??) based on one listen of the audio clips. I can hear auto-tune. One song sounds like that Fireflies song from earlier this year. While I know a new band can never replace the magic of Savage Garden, I hope to hear more from them to form a more educated opinion.

This is very exciting for me. While I am a fan of Darren Hayes' solo career, it's been hard to follow Daniel Jones' because he's been producing and songwriting for other people.

I still remember the day the Savage Garden split was announced - 5 October 2001. As I tweeted to Todd earlier today, 'I don't understand politics, but your emotions re Rudd can be likened to mine the time I heard Savage Garden had split up'.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carly,

    Tom Korbee here from Korbee Jones. Thanks for checking out our site... we are still working on the album. yes, you did hear some auto-tune--but it's just for fun, so don't worry. we are making real music. Hope you will be able to hear more as the project progresses.
    take care

    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails